Research and Studies
- 2001 WestEd Study for Council at Palms Middle School
- 2005 WestEd Study for Council at Palms Middle School
- 2006-7 WestEd first-year study for LAUSD
- 2007-8 WestEd second-year study for LAUSD
- 2008-9 Final WestEd study for 15 schools in LAUSD
- 2018 USC Keck School of Medicine study of the Diabetes Empowerment Council
theses, dissertations, and articles in our council tradition
- "Applying Council in a University Human Development Course," Dr. Betsy Perluss (2011)
- Introduction of a Dialogue Group in a Contemporary, Conservative Jewish Synagogue, Cheryl Hashman Sheinman (2000)
- "Listening from the Heart, Speaking from the Heart": Using Council to Transform the Middle School Classroom (UCLA Master's Thesis), Leah Raphael (2008)
- Psychospiritual Group Work: The Impact of a Talking Circle Training Program on Emotional and Spiritual Intelligences (Dissertation), Dr. Micael Gonzalez (2012)
- The Impact of Council on Early Adolescents (Dissertation), Dr. Denise Jaimes-Villanueva (2012)
- The Way of Council: A Narrative Inquiry Exploring Council as a Spiritual Path (Dissertation), Dr. Leonelda Castillo (2017)
- Can Holding a Talking Stick Improve Listening at Work? The Effect of Listening Circles on Employees' Emotions and Cognitions (Hebrew University of Jerusalem), Guy Itzchakov and Avraham N. Kluger
- "Supporting New Teachers with Authentic Speaking and Listening," (ASCD article), Julia Mason Wasson (2012)
related studies and articles
- “InBrief: The Science of Early Childhood Development.” n.d. Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University. Accessed March 9, 2018. https://developingchild.harvard.edu/resources/inbrief-science-of-ecd/.
“Let’s Talk: Restorative Justice Practices.” n.d. Harvard Graduate School of Education. Accessed March 9, 2018. https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/12/05/lets-talk-restorative-justice-practices.
“Making Peace.” n.d. Harvard Graduate School of Education. Accessed March 9, 2018. https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/uk/15/12/making-peace.